Rigorous Whimsy Mindset: Cultivating Creativity at Work and in Life
a workshop with Amy Burvall. #cultivatingcreativity
Early bird (before June 18th, 2018): $95 or $85 (students).
Team sign up is $465 for six people (saving $100 on the regular price).
July 9th to July 16th.
Who is this course for?
Are you an educator, trainer, learning designer,aspiring to become a creative practitioner or just want more creativity in your life? Then this workshop is for you.
Why is this workshop special?
Well, it's facilitated by Amy. You'll get to work closely with her and a small group of peers for three live sessions over the period of a week.
If this sounds really cool (hint: it is) then sign up. If you know someone who would like this then share this page using the icons below. If you want to do the course but can't make it this time then scroll down and register your interest for the next time it runs.
3 live sessions on:
- Monday, 9th July
- Friday, 13th July
- Monday, 16th July
Each session is at:
- 06:00 am Australian Eastern Standard Time,
- 10:00 am Hawaii Standard Time,
- 01:00 pm Pacific Time Zone,
- 04:00 pm Eastern Daylight Time,
- 09:00 pm British Summer Time
Note that these times may be subject to variation.
Amy Burvall lives and breathes creativity. She considers herself a professional dot-connector, frequent flâneuse, and itinerant artist. After 25 years in learning and development she is currently consulting, creating, and curating in the fields of creativity, visual thinking, and digital literacies. She was an early YouTuber with her History for Music Lovers project and remains an advocate of remix in learning. Her tagline, “the cloud is our campfire”, alludes to her passion for transparency and networked knowledge and curiosity.
Find out more at amyburvall.com or connect with here using the links below.
About this workshop
Creativity is not just for artists. Creativity is an essential human trait and has been identified as one of the key skills for an unpredictable, ever-changing future in the age of automation. From the C-Suite to the Kindergarten classroom, everyone wants to think and act more creatively. Creativity is often confused with talent, but it is in fact a way of being, and something that can be cultivated as a mindset and capacity. The business sector needs flexible, agile thinkers and risk-takers for broad, strategic planning as well as troubleshooting tactical problems. In all divisions of education, learners and teachers need to tap into innate curiosity, grow creative confidence, and tinker with possibilities and perspectives. Creativity can be personally cathartic, sharpen our critical thinking, and make us masters of communication. Most importantly, creativity is content agnostic - all ages and all domains benefit from thinking and working more creatively.
In this intimate online learning experience extravaganza, “serial creator” and veteran educator Amy Burvall unpacks the often esoteric “Creativity”, leading participants in an immersive exploration of the What, the Why, the How and the “Now what?”.
What this Experience Offers:
- Insights into “Creativity Literacy” - just what is the nature of creativity and how does it work?
- Exploration of creative concepts such as metaphorical thinking, remix, wonder, dot-connecting, shifting perspective, environments, ideation, and habits
- Curated resources and discussion about the science, history and practice of Creativity
- A “Studio Vibe” with individual and collaborative (co-creative) learning experiences
- Hands-on, fun practice with a variety of digital and analog tools and mediums
- A set of “creative constraints” that can be used as prompts for students or teams of any age and in any discipline
- Understanding and practice of creative problem-solving skills to spark and sustain innovation
Who benefits from this learning experience?
- Educators in any division (K-Higher Ed)
- Learning and Development Practitioners
- Team leaders / Coaches / Facilitators / Administration
- Anyone interested in understanding the nuances of creativity and improving their personal creativity / developing a creative habit
Can I sign up now?
Absolutely, use the "Sign up" button to register.
I can't attend the workshop this time, can I register for the next offering?
Yes, use the form below. You will not be charged but you will be added to the list and we will contact you when the course is next offered.
Share with a friend or colleague. Use the hashtag #cultivatingcreativity